View Single Post
Old 02-20-2003, 03:03 PM   #36
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

Pallando, our association goes back many years to those carefree and completely broke days in Canterbury, when we escaped our respective disciplines (you your Physics and I, rather less successfully given the medieval setting, my History) in that fantastic Ars Magica campaign. Sir Tristan, of whom I remember you were so fond, has a special mention on another thread around here. You tell me to take up the pen, but I can see that you've been polishing your own writing a great deal since then. I look forward to seeing, if not joining, you in a roleplay soon.

Thank-you all for welcoming my friend so graciously: again you have reminded me why I spend so much of my time wandering around the forum and the chat rooms.

Quote:
Now Squatter, as fun as your expedition was, do you really think Tolkien's hangin' around in the cemetery, checkin' the guest book?
Not really, Birdland. I hope that he has gone on to an eternal reward that we can only imagine, like his little painter Niggle. People must be permitted these little self-deceits, though: they make life seem so much less sordid. And to answer your earlier question, most of my colleagues are extremely unpoetic, one fellow announcing (to my undying horror and disbelief) that he has never read a book that wasn't technical in nature. I make no secret of my interest in literature, but they show no desire to know about it. I am content, since I do not go to work to discuss literature.

Lush: I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the Entish Bow. I'm sure that my fellow posters on that topic will agree that we're having as much fun writing it as others are reading it.

Diamond: As the lyrics to the theme song of The Cannonball Run would have it, "Style: you just can't fake it". You should know: roleplaying with you is an absolute joy.

Mithadan: Your welcome of Palando will work out to your advantage. When we were both a lot younger, and he was sans family, he ran a campaign of staggering complexity. If he does anything like that around here, everyone's kind words will be richly rewarded.

And last but by no means least, Mr. Underhill: I'm looking forward to our first trial run on my next post. Keep an eye out for it; and keep the Travest-o-meter warmed up. This one's going off the scale!

Rock on, ladies and gents.