View Single Post
Old 09-17-2002, 06:18 AM   #4
Tirned Tinnu
Wight

Tirned Tinnu has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

What a nice idea for a thread. Thank you, mark12_30. Now I shall wax poetic. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

A few weeks ago, on a walk to the store I looked up to see two swans flying overhead. Their wings whistled quietly in the wind as the headed south for the evening. I pondered on this, the first sign of Autumn, and shook it off.
No, it can't be, I thought. Too early. On my return, I saw three Canadian geese arrive at the lake near my home, and had my thought confirmed. Canadian geese only arrive as a stop here, on their way south. Truly, as I approached home, I smelled a fresh breeze come down from the North, it's scent of green forests and cool night.

Since then, the trees had begun to brown, and tips of red can be seen at the very tops of the maple trees. Fog comes ever now in the morning, and glistening dew dripping from the roof greets me too, as I sit and write this, drinking my morning tea. It's been a long time since I adored a cup of hot liquid, and surely my thirst for it signals the approach of the coming season.

Now, like, you, Mark, I am feeling the urge to go out on long walks in the cool of the night, when all have said their goodnights, and the neighborhood is silent, but for the wind in the tall oak trees overhead.
Slowly the sound of the crickets is dwindling, the spiders hang their webs for one last time, in the cold of the approaching night. I see the stars as I have not for months, twinkling brightly against a sky of velvety blue, and the moon hangs as a sickle, heralding the harvest.
Thank you, Eru, for Autumn! I await thy colors!