View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 06:18 PM   #43
OjosVerdes

Sting

To be honest, I had just started the books when I saw the movie, but I most definitely have my own images. My pet peeve has to be Elijah Wood. He did a good job, but he's just not right. For one thing, Frodo's eyes are brown...and he should be..well..rounder. As for Legolas, he's really the only one I had trouble shaking the movie picture of. Not because I thought he looked right(I didn't), but for some reason I couldn't picture Legolas. I've finally managed to work up a mental picture, though, and suffice it to say it looks nothing like Orlando Bloom.

The rest of the hobbits looked just about right, and the elves were OK(except for shieldmaiden Arwen...ick), but to throw in my own version of the 'portrait' analogy, it was like you were seeing someone that looked a lot like a friend of yours -- enough like that friend that you might call out their name, but realize as the turned around that it wasn't them at all.

As for locations, well, most of them were gorgeous. I didn't really have a problem with most of the locations -- excepting Lothlórien, which didn't seem 'majestic' enough -- but it's true that they don't seem to have the sense of age, of having 'seen it all', that I get from the places in the books.

Mithuial -- well, that would have to be Bilbo, and Hobbiton. Hobbiton was the only place that looked just the way I imagine it. To expand on the question, what character and place looked least like you imagine them? Legolas and Lórien, for me.