View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #39
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Pitchwife came into the 'Downs and entered a WW-game with an avvie of a Lassie... Looking at the combination it was not so unpredictable almost everyone took him as a female...
Just for the record, the lassie in question (may he rest in peace) was a laddie named Seamus (and nothing to do with the TV dog). Not that you could have known.
Funny you mention this - it didn't occur to me that the sheltie avatar would add to the gender confusion caused by my screen name, as I knew the dog was male and didn't think of the TV lassie (who in RL was a laddie as well, by the way) at all when I chose him to represent me. I didn't consider it when I changed my avvie, either, but hopefully the new one, Number 6 (who, as we all know, is not a number but a free man!) will reduce some of the confusion as a side effect. The nice thing about the new one is that I have a cherished T-shirt with that picture and my current sig on it, so I'm now wearing my RL clothes on the Downs!