View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #767
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thornden

There really was nothing to report. Individuals from all the small parties that Thornden had split up came trickling back thim. He nodded and sent out word that everyone should rejoin at the stables and mount up. In a matter of minutes, they were all mounted in the saddle. Leof rode some way behind Thornden, next to Quin and another soldier. Hilderinc rode at Thornden's right hand, and a soldier named Áforglaed rode on his left.

Áforglaed's horse pranced and jogged nervously in place. Thornden glanced towards horse and rider. "What are you so anxious for, sir?" Thornden asked sharply. He knew at once when a rider was excited and therefore made a horse so. The horse's reins were taught, but Áforglaed's body was a rigid as a board and his heels were pressed firmly against his horse's side, and the horse fairly frothed at the bit to be given free rein. "Cool your head. There will be no killing, is that clear?"

Javan

Javan frowned. He did have respect, where respect was due, and he had not been fully disrespectful, even to this man, although he had been disrespectful to the boys, first. It wrankled under Javan's skin to be spoken to thus by this new captain, and to be referred to so roughly. He would not be bound, and though Coenred really didn't mean it, he would not be made sport of.

"I don't want to go back," Javan stated, looking Coenred straight in the eye. "This may not be a spectacle, but we haven't made it one, and you have not the right to send me back if I don't want to go. I will stay here. We're doing you no harm. Besides, if you use a man to drag us back, you'll be down one soldier, and how will that help you?"

Last edited by Folwren; 08-03-2010 at 06:27 PM.