View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #53
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sam was tired, his will broken his body ached, grief clouded his mind. Sam looked ahead at his brother and father. If he were to say anything his father would not let him hear the end of it, but if he didn't say anything his conscience would drive him mad. There was nothing to do but act as their shadow, silently follow them. Like a shadow, yes that was the answer. "Shadows are invisible at night what if I return to the estate and tell our whereabouts to Sandrina and the others?" He whispered very quietly.

Harold looked back at him, "What are you mumbling about now? You know thisa is the only way." Harold drew back level with Sam and gave him a fatherly pat on the back, "Sorry about your guilt, but you know I'm right..." He sped forward past Arthur.

Sam looked up, "You may think it is the only way, I myself have other plans." Sam took out his pipe but as he did his horse hit a rock and fell breaking its knee. "Blast!" Sam cried.

Harold and Arthur looked back Harold had turned an odd toned red and Arthur sat silent. "You fool your a waste of time and money I should have left you behind where you would cause no more trouble get your other horse and ride it will have to bear the extra burden!" Harold yelled scaring a flock of birds from a nearby tree.

Sam threw off all his baggage except two loaves of bread and a cantene of water. "That should lighten your load." Then he looked at his other horse and began to tend to its knee.

"We don't have time for nonsense leave it to die!" Harold shrieked.

"Then ride on without me! I will not let Wisetail die!" Sam cried tears of anger streaming down his face. His horse's knee had broken before so he knew it would take a few weeks before he could walk again with this in mind he began to gather grass and other vegetation that he could eat and dug a hole that would with luck fill with water when it rained. He washed the wound and bound it with an extra shirt. "FRare well wise tail and when you mend may you find your way home. Harold and Arthur had gone ahead so Sam scribbled out a note outlining their plans and tied it to wisetail's mane. "May Eru watch over you." he gave wise tail a pat on the head then mounted the secondsteed and rode off. He finally caught to Arthur and Harold. There was silence for quite some time after that.