Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:25 AM   #4609
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervinca Took View Post
All of which does not alter the fact that it is WRONG! And 'a fair Mr' dies NOT mean 'messy hair,' whether they affect this to add to their beauty or not.
I was going with Mr for 'lad', and fair as the other half of 'barnet fair'. The A was because... well... Faramir has another A.

Quote:
Lots of Faramirs? Is there another besides Denethor's and Pippin' sons? Maybe, if you look through lists of stewards and things.
Yep! Faramir's the kid who led to the first demise of the Line of Kings in Gondor: as second son of King Ondoher, he was meant to stay home for the battle, but snuck along and died along with his father and brother. Steward Pelendur ultimately passed the crown to his distant cousin, General Earnil.

Quote:
I WILL, however, give you a hint in return for that anagram, and tell you that the Norwegian reference in clue 1 is a literary one.
Um. Well, the phrase 'Norwegian Wood' jumps to mind, but I think that's a song. (Apparently it's a book as well, but more famously a song.) Hmm.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote