View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 05:52 AM   #151
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"Now. To deal with you. Why were you trying to kill us? Who sent you?"

She had expected the question.

But, he sounds like he... like he excepts a certain answer... Does he.. or they... have something to hide? Jenfireid wondered, Maybe they're on some secret mission...

"Don't you hear me?" the elf asked her, rather angrily.
"Yes, I did", she answered and spat to the ground. This was a matter of principle, she would not be a craven and give up.

The elf looked like he could hit her and instictively she tried to duck. But the elf was still standing where he were, his hands clasped to his sides. "Why were you trying to kill us? Who sent you? Speak!" he repeated, in the brink of losing his calm.

She made no reply. "Who? Why?" he shouted and the elf woman holding her twisted her sore arm so that waves of pain streamed over her. "Now stop playing tricks! Tell me!" the male elf repeated.

I won't cry, I won't cry, I won't cry...

Still, Jen could feel her eyes blurrying. "No one", she said in a tiny voice.

"No one sent you?" the elf asked. "Are you sure? Why did you attack us then? Why did you try to kill Arianna! Answer me!"

Jenfried lifted her eyes and forced herself to stare the bright Elven eyes. She did not flinch. "They were... I mean... we were just ordinary brigands and rogues. And you looked like worth robbing with your good equipment and valuable horses."

She paused, looking to the sky. The elf woman shook her lightly, but not gently, urging her to continue. Tears were streaming to her eyes again.

I won't cry, I won't cry, I won't cry...

"It seems we... underestimated you", she whispered. Then she glanced at the woman she had stabbed. In another situation the girl could have been sorry for her, but now, herself wounded as well and taken a captive, she didn't care. " As to why I attacked her... I had to attack someone, that's what happens in a figh", she explained matter-of-factly but her self-confidence was gone.