View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 12:51 AM   #135
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Name (that you go by): Consuelo, sometimes Elo

Occupation: 3rd year college student and my cousins' math tutor; add dishwashing fairy and laundry empress to that list.

Future Aspirations: to get a scholarship in Germany. And open a law firm with my Troll.

Goal in life: to get filthy rich. And have a lovely little girl of my own some day.

Short term goals: pass my third year with as little failing grades as possible.

Passion: good food. my biggest passion.

Hobbies: bumming in front of a good book, gardening, cooking the traditional Filipino way (not with those instant mixes), window-shopping in first-class malls and looking for the stuff's cheap counterparts in Quiapo or Divisoria

Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): 17 and already in third year college! and yeah. I am the best cook of nilagang baka you can ever find.

Fave book
: apart from Tolkien, it's any nick Nick Joaquin novel or collection of short stories(never heard of him, huh?)

Fave movie: My Big Fat Greek Wedding (yes I do love love stories)

Fave sport: archery (incidentally, the only sport I can play)

Fave store: National Bookstore and Meg (a clothing store, the only place where I buy clothes for more than three hundred pesos)

Fave music: old Filipino kundimans (love songs) played on the piano or the violin. or Nightwish.

What you can't stand
:unreasonable course requirements, religious intolerance, people who use Shakespearean English or French in this time and place, and the MCR-inspired contemporary music scene in this country. And instant-mixes and bouillon cubes. Makes the Filipino brain go mush--the young ones don't know how to cook anymore. Sad.

What you plain dislike:nasty little preachers who can't take a hint that you want them to leave and won't leave you alone if they find out you're Catholic (for some reason, they love bugging and trying to convert Catholics), MCR and most "rock bands" in this country

Who you admire: Nick Joaquin--amazing writer. and of course, my dad. and come to think of it, the philo prof who gave me an INC last sem--the first one I'd ever failed--and calmly explained to me why.

What you most love to do: take a deep breath and walk around in the Academic Oval of my school, or go to Baguio City and relax. And fall asleep on my terrace while being serenaded by my mom's playing kundimans on the violin.

Your self-confessed flaws: hubris and religious stereotyping. and a very very nasty temper.

What intrigues/fascinates you: good conversationalists. those who know that Marxism is a dream and yet keep believing in it--I just can't but admire their political stances.

What scares you: big nasty flying cockroaches and rats. DOMs. and suddenly waking up without my dad's magical credit card.

Quotation to live by: now this is something I can't answer at all.

Additional comments: My hair is surely darker than yours.

Legal Madness.

Last edited by Lindale; 08-20-2008 at 09:45 AM.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote