Thread: Swan Wood - RPG
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2003, 08:54 PM   #62
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Laurel dismounted her horse in the town center as the cavalry followed. Children squealed in awe and delight at the sight of men with great swords and flapping standards. The women gave great smiles of relief, and the men of the village offered their homes eagerly to those who needed shelter. Laurel moved around the crowds, greeting and talking with all the villagers. ‘By Eru Thomas! You have grown. Ye are almost as tall as I!’ she laughed at a little boy. He grinned and skipped away. Laurel’s face fell when she saw a bent old woman with white hair standing away from the huddle. Running forward, she greeted the woman with a pained expression. Nodding, she returned to the group of warriors. ‘We must now decide who to take with us to the House, and who wishes to stay’ She turned to the Elf Lanaey, who seemed to be a little shaken, with a child shadowing her steps ‘I have a request of thee, Lady. My grandfather has been taken by one of the darts I spoke of. He is at Mandos’ door. Could you please see him, and see if you cannot help?’ Lady Lanaey nodded and bent down to murmur to the little girl, and Annanoldowen, who had just returned from the dressmakers, spoke up ‘Though I am to accompany thee, I would like to see Sir Havlor myself. I wish to understand as well what these weapons do, and if we both can help him’ Lanaey smiled in appreciation. ‘It is settled. The group heading to see Lady Taralphiel leave as soon as Lady Annanoldowen are done. Who is to accompany me?’