View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 11:34 AM   #257
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"I still think you should have attended the meeting...turn left here...I can't think that the Halflings will accept Mith being there without your presence, even though I've told Loremaster all I could of him..." Elf and insect stopped and flattened themselves into the shadows as a guard passed by in a crossing tunnel. "And what are you going to do when you get to the Locks? They're guarded, y'know. Not well, but still..."

“I'll deal with that when we get there. Where now?"

“Turn right. We're almost there. Pio. I must tell you one more thing before we get there."

The Elf turned her head towards the insect on her shoulder and silently waited.

“Gamba has found Men in the prison. I heard him tell Loremaster. There is a crack in the wall of an old storeroom where he squeezed through. Oh, Pio, it is a miserable place, and these Men are chained, alone in the dark. But we don’t know where the front entrance is, and the crack is not big enough for anyone but a Hobbit.”

“Or an insect”, murmured the Elf

“Well, yes, I suppose an insect could crawl through,” agreed Birdie with a buggy grin, which made Pio turn her head in polite disgust.

“We are here. There are two guards, but they are barely competent. Mostly sleeping or dicing. Shall I go ahead and let Daisy know you are here?“