View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 04:08 PM   #262
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Now, it was the Man’s turn. Cami understood that a great deal hinged on this meeting. If the hobbits didn’t trust Mithadan, they would never accept his role in the rescue. And that would make everything much more difficult.

Loremaster stood up as if to begin, but Cami waved him off with her hand, and asked to speak. He quickly nodded yes.

She went over to Mithadan and tugged at his shirt, leading him into the circle. Then she indicated he should sit on the floor beside her.

She began in a quiet voice. “This Man, Mithadan, is my friend. Without him, I would not be here today. When I first started this venture, nearly a year ago, I approached many seafaring Men and asked for their help in securing a ship. Each one refused me. Many of them laughed or belittled me when I tried to explain what I wanted to do.”

“But this Man was different. He didn’t laugh, he didn’t turn away, and he took what I said seriously. Day-after-day, we’ve worked together to unravel all the riddles of the hobbit past. And when it became clear our voyage would involve great danger, he never questioned or turned back.”

“I love my people. I would never bring someone to you who would harm us. When I say you can trust him, you can do just that. Please put aside your fears. Listen to him. He wants to discuss the rescue with us, and how we can all work together.”

[ October 23, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]