View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 07:51 PM   #266
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mithadan's Post

Mithadan took a deep breath. So now it comes. Fate has stepped forward to stare into my eyes and dangle a prize before me with one hand while the other carries a sword. The prisoners looked to him expectantly, but, to his side he perceived that Cami shifted her weight and shuddered.

"Where are these Men?" asked Mithadan. "Can they be reached?"

"Their Locks are apart from the Hobbits' and I know of no way to reach them," replied Gamba. "I saw them through a crack in a closet, big enough perhaps for a small Hobbit to pass through but too small for a Man."

Mithadan's heart sank. So fate plays a cruel game and perhaps the last toss will not be mine. He looked at Gamba then back at the assembled Elders. "These Men are innocent and worthy of rescue," he began. "I...would save them also if it is possible. But not at the risk of failing in our task of releasing you from your imprisonment. If it can be done, I will attempt to do so and if it cannot be accomplished...it is the will of the One."

The Elders nodded their approval, but Mithadan heard Cami gasp at his words. He continued. "What weapons have you assembled?"

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]