View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 12:43 AM   #322
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Alright, so the Gwath v. Nogrod yesterday. The actual sparring seemed to be an argument over semantics, thus an argument over meaningless crap.
I disagree. The argument, or the issue in question, from my perspective, had to do with what lay behindsemantics. It seemed to me that Nogrod had posed a question in an aggressive way and then tried to string me up for responding in kind. It was necessary to establish certain semantic facts in order to solve the question of whether he had indeed been accusing me, albeit in question form, and therefore whether my defensive response was merited. So, you see, while we were arguing semantics, that was not ultimately what was at stake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
The origins of the Nogrod suspicion was based off some gut feeling of discomfort and Nog seems "off." Isn't that an even more generic reason, and I don't even care if it's Day 1, that's just baloney.
It seemed to me that as the Day wore on, fewer and fewer people were actually reading the argument we'd had and that they were getting their idea of it from what other people had said about it. That's happened to me before, two games ago I think, where something I've said (or not said) gets talked about enough that it takes on a significance and meaning apart from and greater than the fact itself. I rather think that's what happened here. Enough people talked about our argument that it became a greater issue than it necessarily was by nature. That's my take on it, anyway.