View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 01:58 PM   #130
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Very sorry to see Mithalwen go. Anyone else need a stiff drink? I have a fine Scottish Malt here, if anyone’s interested.

I would agree with the conclusions of most that she was killed because she leaves a relatively cold trail and was regarded largely without much suspicion. She is also a dangerous adversary for the Wolves, as she has a flair for deduction. My first thought was that Anguirel, of all those present, would be the least likely to have chosen her to die as they were playing off each other well. But he can be a devious fellow, has a good grasp of tactics and bluffery and knows Mith’s werewolfing ways and skills very well.

Of course, the abiding aim of the Wolves in their Nightly kills is to find the Seer while he or she yet lives. Yet I can see nothing in her posts that might have made the Wolves think her the Seer.

Her main suspects appear to have been Legate (who she voted for) and Mac (for his comments about bantering) both of whom she described as ‘scratchy’. She was also suspicious of Gil, Shasta and Xyzzy, for contributing little more than brief ‘in-character’ posts. She appears to have been relatively comfortable with Ang (as she was keen not to see him lynched) and me (“seems OK so far”). But she did not outline any really firm conclusions.

And so to the voting. My traditional modus operandi is to look for ‘safe’ votes, although this is of slightly less use when the votes are retractable. Still, it’s worth a look. The safest vote looks to me to have been that cast by Kath, since Rune was not under particularly heavy suspicion at that time. Di’s vote for Gil might be considered safe, but has been explained. Rune’s vote for Volo was perhaps less safe as, prior to his revelation, it looked like Volo might attract a few votes.

The non-voters are of course suspicious by virtue of their lack of vote, but none contributed much, if anything, yesterDay, so I would like to hear more from them.

Other than that, all the votes were, I think, cast for Sixth, Anguirel and Legate.

Sixth voters: Me, Lommy, Mac, Volo and Anguirel

I wouldn’t regard Lommy’s vote as particularly safe, as early suspicion was already gathering around Sixth. It might be regarded as an attempt to grease a bandwaggon against an innocent, although I can understand why she thought him the most suspicious at that stage, as I did too. Of course, I realise that the same points apply broadly to my own vote, but I know that it was cast innocently. Since I am accepting Volo’s claim for now, and Anguirel was voting to save himself, I do not regard either of those votes as particularly suspicious. Which leaves Mac’s vote. This was effectively the one which pushed Sixth into pole position as the “not Anguirel” candidate, rather than Legate. As such, I regard it as the most suspicious of the Sixth votes.

Legate voters: Mith, Aganzir, Brinniel

Difficult to draw any conclusions from these. Mith, obviously, was innocent. All were cast in the last minute flurry, when cross-posting is a danger. Brin’s late vote, however, is curious as it was cast at a time, I think, when Sixth was leading in the votes, and so risked creating a last minute tie.

Anguirel voters: Boro, Sixth, Legate

I don’t regard Boro’s vote as particularly safe, as Ang was already attracting suspicion, and it is in itself suspicious by virtue of being wholly unexplained. Legate, I guess, was voting to save himself, even though he had only one vote at the time, and was in line with his stated suspicions.

So, on the basis of this, I would regard the votes of Kath, Mac and Brinniel as the most suspicious, although it does not follow necessarily from a suspicious vote that the voter is a Wolf. Also, I am wary that there may well be a Wolf among the non-voters.

I do, however, remain suspicious of Legate, for the reasons stated yesterDay. I would have been quite willing to vote for him yesterDay, had he gained more votes earlier as, if anything, I regarded him as the more likely Wolf than Sixth by the end of the Day. And I found this comment curious:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I guess it's obvious that Six is toast now, but I daresay that you made a mistake, and if not, I'm going to eat my own Orc-food...
He could not be sure that Sixth was not a Wolf, unless a Wolf himself. The comment looks rather self-serving to me, and sure enough he has returned toDay with an “I told you so”.

Legate remains high in my suspicions.

Must dash, but I'll be back later. I'll leave the Malt on the counter.