View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 03:24 AM   #151
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alright, I'm not going to stay up terribly late trying to analyze everyone right now. I think I'd rather go to bed early (ha, like 3am is early) and get up early when this thread is more active. Curse these time zones, they can be such a nuisance at times...

Back to the subject, I will take a closer look at others in the morning, but for now, I would like to take a look at yesterDay's prime suspects (other than Sixth, of course): Anguirel and Legate

So far toDay, my suspicions of Legate have not changed:

One thing I've noticed is that he's been a bit jumpy and overly-defensive towards those who have accused him. Partly I get this feeling from words, but mostly from tone. Of course, tone can be read quite differently when it's in writing, so perhaps I'm just reading the signals wrong and he is not actually as upset as he seems to be, but nevertheless, it's the feeling I have.

Though, Boromir has brought one thing to attention that does raise some alarms for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Legate made a strange comment at the end of voting yesterday that didn't sit right with me:
Quote:
Hey, we HAVE TO AVOID DOUBLE-LYNCH AT ALL COSTS!!!
And in the same post:
Quote:
PLEASE CHECK YOU DON'T CROSS-VOTE WITH ANYONE, BECAUSE THEN WE CAN HAVE DOUBLE-LYNCH VERY NICELY.
I mean we all know that a double-lynch only helps the wolves, and it's good to be reminded 'hey lets avoid a double-lynch, this might happen if we mess up.' But this just seems too forced and and quite frankly fake. It's like Legate is trying to look innocent by reminding us all we don't want a double-lynch (duh ), but the manner he does it (the all caps and twice in the same post) looks fake and like he's trying too hard to look innocent.
Now, the mentioning of the double-lynch itself doesn't alarm me, I mean it is something I admit I said myself, although it was in a bit of a different manner. But then Legate goes about accusing me of being wolfish for saying something he said himself first. I'm not sure what exactly to think on this, but it certainly makes me uneasy...

On Anguirel:

I honestly have to say I'm confused on what to think of him. I don't see anything strange about his vote for Sixth. He did it to save himself from a lynch, as he explains in post #99, which is something anyone would do, wolf or innocent. The main thing that catches my attention is that he gained so much suspicion yesterDay, and perhaps in the morning I will better examine this. I've never played with Ang until now, so I'm not terribly aware of his style, but I've heard that he can be quite dangerous as a wolf, so while he doesn't raise any huge alarms for me yet, indeed I will be careful not to disregard him.

If there is a wolf among these two players, I do think it would be only one. Ang and Legate have been at each other since Day 1, which is too risky to be wolf-on-wolf, in my opinion.

Okay, it's getting late. I'm off to bed now. I'll try to be back around three hours before the deadline.