View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 AM   #49
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
I think a good cobbler won't mind to be lynched in order to save who he thinks is a wolf, especially when there's two of them. On the wolves' side, we can't count on them being visibly protective of their packmates either - some will, others won't hesitate to bus one another, it really depends on the player.
Exactly... and we can't count on the wolves to drop hints to the cobbler(s) because it's simply not worth it for them. Even though this game is different from many I've played in the sense that the cobbler(s) actually have a chance of finding the wolves without blatant hinting in the thread. Anyway if we want to find links, we should look into a dead cobbler's communication with other players, or how other players have talked to a dead wolf.

Quote:
Aside, does anybody else think that Boro included two cobblers in this game in order to increase the chance that at least one of them won't be eaten by the wolves?
Hahaha!

Quote:
If, however, we think we have a good idea who xe is, or if the Seer dreams xem and decides to reveal, I'm for getting rid of xem as soon as possible, rather than wait for Tom to get xem.
I agree, especially later in the game. Early on, yeah, I suppose we could afford to keep the BW alive for an extra day, but when most of us have died, it's simply too risky to give the BW a chance to join the wolves.

Quote:
They'll want to get rid of him sooner or later, so that a lone wolf won't lose a kill by being stunned, but they'll probably want to keep him around for the first few Days
This is a very good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Bad idea. First of all if he chooses an Ordo they won't know they were chosen since they don't have to do anything at Night
Ah but they will. The ordo gets a PM that says she was stunned (see the rules). That's why telling it to the rest of us does no more than eliminate a potential BW, thus making it easier for Tom & us to find her.

Quote:
and even if we know that someone isn't the BW there are still alot of things they could be, so it really isn't worth taking so much time focusing on him.
But if we let her go unnoticed and don't pay any attention to her whatsoever, it can backfire really badly later. Hmm why do I have a feeling I've talked of this before? Oh yes this is how I usually treat the cobbler!

I'm not saying the BW should be our priority and we need to worry about her more than about the wolves & cobblers, what I'm saying is that we shouldn't forget and ignore her just because she might choose to side with us or Tom might hit it right and kill her. We simply can't refuse to pay attention to an unknown factor like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Now, going back to the Cobbler issue, is there any way we could use Agan's little plan there to oust the Cobblers? I know it would be much more difficult seeing as there is no one at Night gunning for them.
What exactly do you mean?

Alrighty I'll be gone for a few hours.

Last edited by Aganzir; 10-27-2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: xed with Eomer
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote