View Single Post
Old 05-26-2003, 01:13 PM   #143
Earendil Halfelven
Wight

Earendil Halfelven has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Rohan was a beautiful country, but Turthôl didn't notice that. He was too busy thinking of things as he rode beside Rangar. There was a lot running through his mind-Rohan, murder, the enemy, Wren's hostility towards Gina (he chuckled at that)...He thought that it was funny of the way women acted towards eachother. He liked Gina, she was a nice girl, and good looking too. Wren, well...she was Wren, kind of confusing at times, but a good comrade to have. He had told Gina that after the trip, he would return to Tharbad, to see how things worked out. But...unexpected things could happen while your passing through a few countries.

Murder. Whether Rangar was a murderer or not, Turthôl didn't care. He could not judge him, because Turthôl was exactly innocent himself. He had killed two men outside of battle-Sartir to avenge his fallen comrades, and the Wild Man because there was nothing else to do with him. But the others had their own opinions.

He did not, however, know the circumstances about Rangar's murder. He didn't even know if it was true, but there had to be some truth, or else the man, Baroden, wouldn't be tracking Rangar. But the other's were now in danger. They were traveling with outlaws. If they were captured, they could suffer the same fate as Rangar and Turthôl.

"Rangar," Turthôl whispered. "As we get closer to Rohan and Gondor, maybe it wouldn't be too smart to travel in groups. At one time, I was a wanted man, and I might still be if someone recognizes me. You might be also. If you are murderer, and we are captured, the others could suffer with us. We put them in danger. Its up to you whether we tell them or not."

Turthôl looked up ahead. He saw Enien with and Calimir talking to the others. He didn't know if their elven ears heard them or not, but he hoped they wouldn't tell the others until Rangar made a decision.

[ May 26, 2003: Message edited by: Earendil Halfelven ]