View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 08:57 AM   #148
Carlas
Shade of Carn Dûm

Carlas has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Carlas
Sting

Baroden watched as Rangar and the rest of his company left the small village. He had been staying there for a little, talking to some 'business partners' as he liked to call them. Now he had one more to go talk to, and then he would have some fun.

Baroden reached a small house near the outskirts of the village, close to where Rangar had left. It was an old house, but it had been well taken care of. He stepped up to it quietly, and knocked with an old brass knocker. The door opened just a crack, and then a small woman stepped out into the morning light. Her hair was dark and kept up in a neat bun, underneath, her face was tanned from tending to her garden, she was quite beautiful. She smiled as she looked up at him with her deep and strong green eyes.

"Well, what a surprise!" She said with a surprisingly low voice. "I haven't seen you in these parts for some time, but it is so much fun when you do. Have you finally found him? Come inside, I must hear about everything thats been going on!"

"We don't have much time, I have a job for you!" The girl looked up at him with a smile that did not suite such a pretty face. She turned and showed Baroden into the house, closing the door behind him.

At noon the village was filled with busy men and woman, all trying to walk through the crowded streets. It was bright outside, and the sun was hot.

As many people were leaving to have lunch, a cry broke through the air. People looked about to find where the cry had come from, and they saw a small woman running down the streets, her clothing torn and dirty.

"My nephew! Someone please, they have taken him, they have killed him!"

The inhabitants watched as a man walked up to the lady. She looked up at him and started to cry. He knelt beside her, helping hold her up and asked her what had happened. The crowd listened as she told them about a group of men and elves that had attacked her and her nephew, trying to steal their money. The group that stood about her, listened intently and grew outraged, as she told them of how the group had killed her nephew. As she finished she started to cry, sobbing in great gasps. One man from the crowd walked out from the crowd and stood infront of the lady.

"We can not let this happen in our town! We cannot let people get away with such a deed, though our city may be small we are not weak!" The group gave a loud cheer, and the man had to quiet them down before being able to speak again." But who has done this? Has anyone seen a group of men and elves?"

Another man stood up beside him, and told the crowd of Rangar's company that had just left that morning. The crowd started yelling and howling, outraged that such a thing could happen. The first man stood up ontop of a box and waved his hands to get there attention.

"We cannot let them get away with this crime! They left just this morning, they cannot be far, let us find them!"

As the crowd was leaving, some men offered the young woman aid, but she told them that she could manage and that finding those savages was more important. Just as they were out of sight, she stopped limping and ran into an alley way, where a dark figure stoof waiting.

"Beautifully done!" Baroden said brimming "You are quite the actress, you shall be paid splendidly for this"

"I should hope" She said though she was still smiling. "No matter how fun it is to fool these fools, if they ever found out, I'd have to pack up and find another home."

"You don't have to worry about that, if it doesn't work, the fools will think it must have been another group! You get group like those often enough. Now, I must be off, I need to see what these fools can do." And he walked off back into the darkness of the alley.