View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 08:02 PM   #2
Linaeve
Animated Skeleton

Linaeve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Linaeve
Silmaril

Hallo! I'm new . . . and I see I'm the first to post an introduction- yay! *ahem*

My name is Linaeve, but you can call me Lina. Linaeve supposedly means tree of song in some language or the other, and I'm told Lina means light in Italian. That said, I'm a senior in high school. Don't talk to me about colleges because I WILL slap you . . . or something! I swear, every time someone finds out I'm a senior, the first question out of their mouths is, "Do you know what college you're going to yet?" This craze with colleges is just one of my many pet peeves- I could go on raging about it forever.

Anyway, I'm a converted Tolkien fanatic. I was getting irritated because when the first Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies were due to be released, everyone was comparing the two, and I was convinced that nothing could beat Harry Potter. Well, one of my friends convinced me to read The Hobbit. I ended up devouring the rest of the books in about a week and a half, maybe even less. I'm so glad I found this site!

My other passions include classical music, philosophy, anything I don't know much of, Chinese literature and history, and Judaism. You can find a pretty complete list of my hobbies in my profile. Anyway, this introduction is much longer than I planned it to be! I'm glad you lasted this long, and I'm even happier to be here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 9:04 PM November 26, 2003: Message edited by: Linaeve ]