View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #2838
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The following, which happened last week:
  • A client refusing to pay me for a job he'd commissioned, not because it wasn't up to standard, but because he had decided in the meantime that the money would be "better spent" on other things. No, he's not being a jerk, at least not on purpose– the man just doesn't understand that you can't do that. (I regret to say that I've had this happen before with amateur artists and the like– sometimes, no matter what they agree to, they seem to view the whole transaction as a game )
  • The cat dying. She'd been poorly for a few days, and then I walked out on the back verandah and found her collapsed on the ground. I rushed her to the vet but he couldn't do anything. To tell the truth, she wasn't the nicest cat around, in fact rather a wicked little beast, but she was cute in her own way, and I'd got fond of her. I really miss her now. It seems to strange to pour milk, or cut a piece of cheese, without her damanding some, with a baleful yellow glare and the most threatening miaow possible...
  • Missing an important meeting, due to the aforementioned dying cat and to a certain party who couldn't be bothered arriving on time to give me a lift.
  • The computer dying. At least, it's currently in the electronic version of intensive care. I'm writing this on my father's machine.

Definitely one of those weeks. At least there was some good news at the end of it.