View Single Post
Old 06-16-2004, 07:15 AM   #225
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Wyrma

Falasmir sat slumped on his throne, his sagging form looking incongruously weak on the intricately carved and gold-painted ornate chair. His eyes were almost lost in the depths of dark hollows, his jowls hanging in his ashen face, making him seem much older than his actual years. His voice had taken on a whining tone. “But what am I to do?” he whimpered.

Wyrma was glad of the protocol that required her to stand in the audience hall; her energetic pose was a contrast appreciated by the only other person in the room, a dark-haired man of Falasmir’s age, though he appeared younger. His eyes gleamed, flashing a brief glance of understanding at the woman before speaking with exaggerated deference.

“Mylady Wyrma, you must understand what troubles Prince Falasmir. It is not only his head which is troubled over the loss of his great ships and the damage of the harbour, his heart is grieved at the death of so many worthy seamen and citizens of this great city as well. Do not press him to action so unduly – in time, he shall order ships to be built anew and recruit seamen and warriors to man them.”

Wyrma swallowed the impatient comment she would have liked to make; she knew that Galandor was right in attempting to appease the ruler of the Corsair city before demanding that he deal with the situation. Pressing him too hard only caused him to retreat even more into the resignation he had shown since the flight of the enemy ship and the destruction of his own. I should be thankful to the Gondorians, she thought wryly. They have accomplished the weakening of this city and its head more quickly and efficiently than I could have hoped to do so. Though I would have liked to have those ships at my command, I know not how I would have gotten a trustworthy crew to sail them – Maenwaith are no seamen.

She bowed respectfully, her face a controlled mask of passivity. “Perhaps we shall accomplish our goals in the Gondorian city without ships,” she said. “I hope to hear from my agents soon. If they succeed in their task, the kingdom may be struck with confusion long enough for us to get soldiers there by horse and on foot.”

Falasmir’s head lifted slightly. “You have no news yet?” he asked.

“No, it is too early,” she reminded him. “I hope for their return soon. Be assured that I will send you report when I hear from them.”

She bowed again as a slight gesture of Falasmir’s hand dismissed her, and left by the side door, waiting in the adjacent room. A few moments later Galandor joined her there. “You were wise and foresightful to counsel me to keep my ships away from the main harbour,” he whispered. “He knows nothing of them, but they will be prepared when they are needed.”

Wyrma nodded, but her eyes flickered toward the door, behind which guards stood, as they both knew. “Later,” she said under her breath.

“Tonight?” he asked, with an impatient gleam in his eyes.

“Tonight,” she affirmed.