View Single Post
Old 12-19-2002, 04:23 PM   #484
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan looked thoughtful for a moment. "The ships should be ready by the end of the day today. We have chartered most of them with crews and supplies. We will own three outright, so of course you may pilot one. Then two days out to the Bay given that we'll be moving with the current. Most of another day to transfer our passengers and about a week going against the current to reach Rauros."

He smiled for a moment. "Once we let our passengers off including the Hobbrim, there will only be three of us left: myself, you and Bird plus Levanto of course. We'd be hard pressed to sail the Star let alone take another vessel with us. I had thought to arrange for the sale of the three ships today before we set out on this final task."

Piosenniel chuckled. "I had forgotten that we three will be all that remain. Perhaps we can use the proceeds of the sale to buy a vessel for Bird if she wants one. And there is that pretty dagger that you've managed to keep." She sighed. "A fortnight and then our crew will be broken up at last."

He nodded and reached out to stroke her hair. "All things must end," he said. "I am learning this," she replied sadly.

[ December 19, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]