View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #83
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Name: Legate of Amon Lanc, Legate; even Amon (by (c)Gil-Galad) or Leggy (by (c)Elempi).

Quest: To learn, and to pass on what I have learned. (no, this does not concern only the Downs or only Tolkien!)

Favourite colour: Probably blue or orange.

Most beloved Tolkien character: Hard to choose. I came to adopt all of them as parts of one great family (read: work). But if I had to name someone... well, no, I cannot. Radagast, Ulmo. Galadriel? Tuor. Mr. Baggins. Saruman and possibly Gorbag for the bad guys. That's the narrowest choice. You can make a picture out of it.

Least beloved Tolkien character: Saeros. Eventually, Daeron.

Worst habit: From certain time, checking the Downs only to see if I haven't missed anything important frequently at the time I should be doing something else.

Best habit: Uh - do I have any? Besides, it would be quite immodest. Hey, there you go - being modest. So forget I said it.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Jennie Garth.

Weirdest hobby: The Downs. Sorry, but it is weird.

Best place in Middle Earth: Hey, what about CIRITH NINNIACH!

Best place outside of Middle Earth: probably Českomoravská vysočina, the village of Polom and nearby.

Most embarrassing moment: Momentarily I can't think of any but one where I misspelled something, but the "joke" is untranslateable.

Most daring moment: Oh, hmm, I don't know.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Christopher Lee or Ian Holm.

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Probably... hmm... Viggo Mortensen *runs for cover from fan girls* EDIT: How could I forget Legolas? *runs for even more cover and starts to dig a hole* No, but actually Legolas is only for that all the fair-haired elves look terrible. *starts changing the hole into atom bunker* Don't shoot, don't shoot... nothing against Orlando in other films, but this is just... *BOOM*

Theme song: "Breakthrough" sung by Richard Wright. Omnia mutatur, though.

Style guru: hey, what's that? (yes, that pretty much sums my opinion)

Most crucial accessory: *scratches head* The Bible?

Greatest weakness: though I am constantly trying to break it, sometimes I can be just terribly lazy.

Greatest strength: God is my strength. Sorry, but if I posted anything else, I'll be high and la-di-da.

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: Quiz Room, Mirth, or Books... you cannot choose one, obviously.

Best Downer Buddy: as one would guess, The Might. Not only for his constant contribution in the Quiz Room, but also other thoughtful, or funny, comments.

Parting shot: Shine on!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote