View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #86
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Much changes in six years...

Name: Fea

Quest: to loophole my way into getting every single thing my heart desires while still helping out the world (still valid)

Favourite colour: yellowish-blue (still valid)

Most beloved Tolkien character: I'm torn between Fingolfin and Eomer (still valid)

Least beloved Tolkien character: Ioreth (no longer valid): I don't really like most of the Dwarves in the Hobbit.

Worst habit: getting people to agree to something without actually asking them to do it (note that I'm in the clear if I didn't start it ) (still accurate, but I have worse habits): messing around on the internet instead of buckling down to get work done.

Best habit: see my worst habit. (there is validity in the internet play, but...): assuming nothing is ever 'good enough' and always working harder.

Unlikeliest celebrity crush: Hugh Laurie (a wee bit old for me, I'll admit, but who can resist a drug-addicted jerk that so cleverly saves so many lives?). (no longer valid): Giles from Buffy.

Weirdest hobby: define weirdest. (still fairly appropriate): hunting megafauna with no desire to kill it.

Best place in Middle Earth: Rivendell (still good)

Best place outside of Middle Earth: home (addendum needed): home is a state of mind, not a location.

Most embarrassing moment: walking into a random soda machine (of course there's more to the story, but that's quite enough to go on) (no longer valid): walking into a critique situation, knowing my work was not the best or even my best, and knowing I could have prevented that.

Most daring moment: raising my hand and sharing my opinion in front of a couple dozen distinguished professors and a world-renowned expert at a bio-terrorism lecture, all old enough to be my parents or even grandparents (no longer valid): falling in love.

Favourite "LotR" actor: Sean Bean (yes)

Least favourite "LotR" actor: Craig Parker (grumble... yes)

Theme song: Defying Gravity from the Wicked soundtrack (not even close): unwilling to chose, because the songs I feel most strongly drawn to, regarding my life and motives, would suggest I'm fiendishly depressed, and I'm not.

Style guru: I've not got one (wrong): E&S of academichic.com

Most crucial accessory: my green and orange arcade bracelets. They don't leave my right wrist. (they died my freshman year of college): my wristwatch.

Greatest weakness: white chocolate mocha lattes. I can't make it through a Wednesday without grabbing one before I head off to my first engagement of the day. I mean... I can... but I really hate doing it. (life changes and I no longer have access to white chocolate mocha lattes on a daily basis, ergo...): tea.

Greatest strength: my confidence (addendum): my ability to ignore my own lack of confidence and get things done really well

Favourite place to visit on the Downs: my PM inbox. Thanks to you (by 'you' I mean 'you guys know who you are'), my day is often brightened with random chat about religion, hair color, art, politics, psychology, Aldous Huxley, high school phys. ed. teachers, education systems, and writing, as well as whatever else crops up. It's such an education. (no longer true): I lurk on the Downs, but my favorite place to visit For the Downers is Facebook.

Best Downer Buddy: I flatly refuse to choose. I'm too fond of too many people, and for too many different reasons. (slight alteration): Since writing this, I met and adopted Mira, and she became a member. I have to love my sister best.

Parting shot: Live long and prosper.