Thread: Decorating Room
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 AM   #71
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Bethberry, many interesting ideas.

I think perhaps the first step is (sigh!) to clean it all. The Laundry, that is, and the woodstove 'room'. A few local rugs would be good (that's where the dead rugs end up, of course. So it's another step, finding a not-dead rug. Wish I could put an area rug down there but... really in a laundry, with two boys-- not a good idea. )

THen I think Rae's idea of painting is the next step-- Laundry and woodstove room. The grey cement walls need to be less blackish; I'm not sure if I should go all the way to white; white will show the smoke. Cream will always look dirty around a woodstove. Hmm. Woodstove... brick would be the obvious choice; guess a woodstove is more hobbitish than elvish.

The awkward thing is of course all the appliances... well appliance & water filtration is in the woodstove room; furnace is in the laundry room. How do you disguise a furnace...? Of course one can't, really. Wishful thinking. I must decorate around it or in spite of it. THe freezer...? I guess I could put a poster of trees on it...

Last edited by mark12_30; 01-05-2009 at 06:30 AM.
mark12_30 is offline   Reply With Quote