Thread: Gay subtext?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2002, 05:05 PM   #124
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Eye

Quote:
Originally posted by Tirinor:
<STRONG>[]

The whole of the Bible, both Old and New testaments, points to the Law, our shortcomings, and the necessity of redemption through Christ. Lush may seem Christ-like, but I assure you that the Bible is an infinitely better source for a worldview than Lush. No offense Lush. And it does prove that it is wrong, IF that is the foundation for your worldview.
</STRONG>[/QUOTE]

In case anyone is confused, I am not here to pass myself off as Jesus, Ghandi, MLK Jr., or Joan of Arc. I am me, and that's enough for now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
As for the Bible, we may be reading the same book, but I, for one, cannot assume myself to be so learned and wise as to say that I fully comprehend all of it. The Bible is like life to me-a continually unraveling mystery. It says a lot of things (one of them incidentally being "He who is without sin may cast the first stone"), who are we to claim we fully understand it? And if homosexuality is indeed a sin, as I believe it very well may be, I still will not rail against, because I am sinful myself, vain, lustful, all that good stuff. Acknowledging other's sins is very easy, but what about our own?