View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 12:34 PM   #94
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
I always listen to music while I write. It helps me go to my *happy place*. Just kidding. Actually, it does help me write. I write different things, depending on what music I'm listening to. Evanescense usually makes my characters get into depressing situations. Rolling Stones makes my characters tough and adventurous. It's kinda weird, actually.

And I get ideas from television and books. I don't steal the plots, but they inspire me to work on my own stories. Trips to the bookstore always make me want to write and get something published. (Although at this rate, I won't have a finished book until I'm seventy-five!)

Another thing: I have problems with writing my plots. I get this great idea for my characters, and then I'm stuck again. Once I killed off a character, and then I found that I needed her later. Somehow I resurrected her (it's fantasy, they can do that sort of thing, okay?) and now she's stuck somewhere else. I wrote this great scene for her. I loved it. It's so perfect, but now I don't know how to follow it up! Anybody else have this problem?