View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:27 AM   #110
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Not actually. I think the only unorthodox part is the one about military training, but it actually came there accidentally...
OK, not very unorthodox (a better word would be original). That military training struck me as strange, but not unlikely, that and her parents breaking up but that was about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
And don't you call her a girl, she's older than your Tror...
Yes ma'am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Groin - you said Nali is the friend of masons? That would mean he'd know Vigdis, most probably. Do we want them to be friends or do we want Vigdis have some silly old grudge against him? I think either of those ideas would be good... Also, as a loremaster and old, important dwarf, Nali would probably know Ori. I think we can assume they're friends?
I think that it would be more likely for a certain level of animosity between the two of them. Vigdis you say likes masonry and turned books down a longtime ago, whereas books are Nali's pursuit. Also, Nali might not appreciate a girl (oops...) such as Vigdis, being a dwarf of high quality he's use to higher class women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Don't you think that to a certain extent, all the dwarves would know each other? At least on speaking basis. They won't all be perfect strangers to each other, surely. It'd be something like a small town community. First, they had to travel together from Dale to Moria, and then they've been living in the same area together, and there really aren't all that many of them.
Right, there should be a certain level of familiarity between the Dwarves, but people do tend to hang out with people who they like.

I'll see what I can do for my characters.