View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #3103
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Myself .. I realised I had developed one of my darling late mother's more irritating habits when on receiving Christmas cards in unfamiliar hand I examined the exteriors closely for clues (postmark etc), speculated to myself as to who it might be for a while before doing the obvious thing and just opening it.... why couldn't I have inherited her skills at reverse parking?
That's what I usually do upon receiving mail. Wonder who might have sent it. In fact, I do it every time I get a rep point. I look at the thread, and then try to decide who could have written what about it in the comments before I actually read it.

On this note, I assign organisations (usually charities or communities of some sort) that send you random cards and stickers for membership. I get real mail every once in a half a year, so I'm always excited if I get anything, and usually that's just yet another card saying nothing in particular from some long-forgotten community camp thingy.

Also, I assign just barely umbrella-worthy rain and wind that nearly breaks the said umbrella. And the whole fact of rain in mid-December. There's a reasons all Christmas songs have the word "snow" in them!