View Single Post
Old 10-13-2003, 10:58 AM   #231
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I've added several books, some new, some old, to my collection. I bought The Lord of the Rings and Philosophy, which promises to be a fascinating read, and The Hobbit graphic novel, which has nice drawings and keeps much of the original dialogues. I "inherited" a Tolkien biography, J.R.R.Tolkien, Architect of Middle-Earth from one brother and Bored of the Rings from the other. The latter seems to be a first printing of the paperback, 1969, with some rather strange artwork on the cover.

I also bought a "One Ring" bookmark just because it looks cool...

Oh, and I've finally found some good pictures of the figurines that come with the children's chocolate eggs in Germany - here they are:

FotR
TTT
RotK (coming in November)

I have the first two series and am looking forward to collecting the third!

PS - Oh, I almost forgot the biggest purchase - I finally splurged on J.R.R.Tolkien, Artist and Illustrator - lovely pictures by the man himself!

[ October 13, 2003: Message edited by: Estelyn Telcontar ]
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote