View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 06:22 PM   #18
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
Listening to Celtic music
This usually brings to mind brotherhood, or more generallly, family, for me.

One thing that immediately brought to mind Middle Earth for me was when I got to see this incredible waterfall this spring. It was about 20 feet high, and in the middle of the woods out behind a field in the middle of nowhere. The field was wet with dew, so by the time we finally got to the woods, we were already pretty throroughly soaked. And then the walk through the woods... deer, birds... it was like "the real world" didn't exist. The trees hadn't quite gotten over winter, but were trying like heck to embrace the spring. Usually around here, spring is pretty brown and depressing, but the trees were more of a greyish green, and it was just beautiful. When I finally got to see the 'falls, I half expected to see a long train of Elves walk into view any second. Incredible... by far my favorite nature-memory of the past few years.

Fea