View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #37
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Well Gwathagor, this is all the info I could find to base my storyline on. In all the sources I looked at they didn't say when the fifth age started, but I assumed it would be when King Aragorn died. For the stories sake lets just say that that was when it was., and we are newly into the fifth age.
Interesting, I also thought the word "fifth" was a typo. But if you found it, then it could be right. But it's also that when a new age starts, you normally start counting anew. So it should be either 1547 Fourth Age or 6 Fifth Age. I don't want to be picky, but when we are trying to make the adventure as much "real" as possible, then the Tolkien-perfectionist awakes inside me (and I'm afraid this happens very often to me, so I'm warning you beforehand that you don't get surprised when it happens next ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Well.... I believe we will travel through Buckland and cross the bridge. After the bridge .....well I have some ideas.... but there is always room for a little side tracking is'nt there? I am sure if you had somewhere in mind that you wanted to start, we can find a way to "find" you. I think we should wait till we start and get going and let our characters find there way. I will be having Bunny lead the way a little bit, because of her map, but I am sure others will have other plans or ideas.
Yes, I thought that the characters could probably spend some time discussing the way. I'm almost done with my character, and from the looks of it I'll be possible to pick some time after the company crosses the bridge. I have already some ideas on that. I don't want to join too late so that half of the story goes without the character, but on the other hand, it is always more interesting when a character joins later and the impression of his coming may be better than if he were there from the start (Strider, for example). I need just a little more time to make the image in my head absolutely clear; then my character is completed and I will post it here.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories