View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 05:33 PM   #78
Thinhyandoiel
Wight

Thinhyandoiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thinhyandoiel
Eye

littlemanpoet:

In regards to your earlier question about the levels of fiction. I would rate mine about a 3-4. I know for a fact that my characters are loved (And if any of my readers knew what I have planned for Aven and Sirey I would be the object of a massive head hunt...er...overexaggeration, but you get it) But I am also trying to portray a few themes across to them, whether they recognize or acknowledge them or not is up to them, but they're there if they want them.

Tolkien would definately reign in with level 6, and that is an amazing feat indeed! To live up to that kind of calibre doesn't seem to be hard for him and a few gifted others. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

KingCarlton: I disagree with what you said about Tolkien, but that is understandable as all opinions can not be expected to be identical. I found it quite engrossing, indeed the folklore, languages and history of Middle-Earth is the main reason why I could not put those books down as I read them. The lives of Hobbits contrasting with those of Elves, Dwarves and Men was quite intriguing. To me that is. Everytime a new story, that of Nimrodel or that of Luthien and Beren, came up I enjoyed every word. I guess that is why I am finding it hard to understand your points of view. We seem quite different from one another.