Thread: The Desolation
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #41
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendė View Post
Hmmm, you should know how adaptations work. Very few are faithful, most are more revisionist than this was.
Hence why many adaptations are bad. I have seen a number of good ones and the best are the ones that keep to the original story.

Quote:
I don't think it's an accident that the film critics have been enjoying this one, the first where he stopped worrying about what we think.
The critics have been far from universal in their admiration for the film. This is easily verified. Yes a solid majority of them have given it a positive review, but of the reviews I have read even the positive have come with a list of caveats.

Quote:
The characterisation is perfect too, and we can't criticise that (no changed Faramir in this film).
While I haven't seen the movie yet, just on the basis of the other reviews on this very thread I am wondering if everyone is even talking about the same film as you. Characterization, or lack thereof, seems to be a frequent complaint.