View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 06:20 PM   #20
Sauron the White
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sauron the White has just left Hobbiton.
from davem

Quote:
Yeah, yeah, yeah, a bunch of wizards & Elves take on an evil Dark lord & his Orkish minions & gain a great victory ...or so they think!

Maybe they could get Terry Brooks to write the screenplay?
Terry Brooks?!?!?!?!?!?
All these years I thought those ideas came straight from JRRTolkien himself?

Quote:
Honestly, Tolkien had enough smarts to realise that that kind of nonsense was only deserving of an entry in Appendix B & then turn to something more interesting instead.
What were those things "more interesting" that JRRT turned to after he wrote LOTR? You know much more than I do about the literary career of JRRT davem, but I was under another impression - that after producing LOTR, there were a bunch of rather unproductive months which stretched into years where it was lots of dickering and niggling at the edges of stuff he had alread wrote years ago but could never finish it for some reason. Or maybe you are referring to his love of Patience and wine?

Quote:
You merely confirm my suspicions that this 'sequel/prequel' will be aimed purely at the fanboys & Leggyboppers. Bloated, dumbed-down nonsense.
You praise me with great praise and I blush while thanking you. But really, do not let this humble servant confirm anything you may suspect. I know nothing about this and am only looking at reflections on the cave wall produced by a dimly lit campfire and my perspective is from rather far outside the cave and its rather a foggy night at that.

Is it possible to be so smugly superior and condescending about a film that does not yet even have an outline yet alone a script or cast? I beg your pardon for offering such a dumb question on my part.

Quote:
However, I'll just get off this particular bus now......
Looking forward to your return..... especially when we have more than just speculation to discuss.

Last edited by Sauron the White; 02-10-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Sauron the White is offline   Reply With Quote