View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 03:54 PM   #41
Ithaeliel
Cornus Caliga

Location: Five-hundred-twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes from here
Ithaeliel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Ithaeliel
Silmaril

Ithaeliel bounced up and down anxiously in the black leather-upholstered backseat of her hired stretch limo, her large hazel eyes following the streetlights as they went by and her mouth pursed into an impatient frown. Looking at her watch, she let out a groan and rolled down the barrier between the backseat and the driver's seat. "Can't you go any faster?" she pleaded with her chauffer as she leaned forward, her pale skin catching the glow of a passing streetlamp. The driver glanced back at Ithaeliel as he sighed and adjusted his cap. "Miss, I'm already going five miles over the speed limit and I've run two red lights. I'm trying to get you there as fast as I can. See? Here we are!"

Ith jumped up, hit her head on the roof of the car, and immediately sat back down. "Great," she grumbled, "My first anniversary at the Downs and first time at the Downies, and I'm going in with a welt on my head!" As the limo came to a stop, the driver turned around in his seat. "Miss," he began as Ithaeliel viewed the crowd outside.

Ith diverted her attention. "Hm?"

"Have a good evening, and don't be nervous."

Ithaeliel sighed again as he came around to open the door. "Don't be nervous, don't be nervous..." she told herself as she made her way onto the red carpet, holding her head high and trying not to trip over the back of her strappy red dress. She entered the room to be faced with chants of "Archer, Archer," filling her ears. "Oh, fantastic!" she said as she found her seat- reserved next to those of Mattius, Brinniel, and Auriel- and started to applaud. "Amanaduial really deserves a Downie. She's great."

[ May 05, 2003: Message edited by: Ithaeliel ]