View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 02:15 PM   #47
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Gudryn did not realize how long her face had been scrunched up with surprise and uncertainty. She looked away from Æðelhild and began to laugh, "of course, I do suppose that makes the most sense".

Me? A Lady? My fate has certainly changed indeed.

Gudryn smiled again at Æðelhild and nodded her thanks. The young lass, Gudryn realized, would make a fine friend when the time came that they would know one another better.

"Well", she spoke rising from the table, "I am on my way to my Father to see what else needs to be seen to this day, I would have you follow as a friend, but that is your choice to make". Gudryn smiled and with a wave of her hand she set off towards the end of the Hall.

Carpenters began to arrive taking measurements of their own whilst setting up ladders and other scaffolding. They discussed rather loudly amongst themselves the means of the design and the ways in which to go about it.

Gudryn stopped right beside her Father only to find that things were out of sorts. The tension in the room was thick enough to cut it with a knife, she could swear she heard the pounding of many hearts in the silence.

It was then she laid eyes upon the dark haired youth. A Dunlending. She knew little of them kept under the short leash of Rand for many years until now and with her inexperience she found it hard to fathom the discontent that was focused on this wounded lad.

Among the few others that encircled him, she felt she was the only one whose heart beat of pity for how could she understand what the others had lost? What her Father what Gárwine had lost in the war. She could find no words to speak lost in this tumult of emotion.