View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 06:03 PM   #58
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
This is a splendid idea. Over twenty years had elapsed before Gandalf and the Fellowship traveled through Khazad-dum, so we could take the point of view that somewhere within those twenty years the attempts at communication had ceased.
Well, the communication obviously ceased around the time when the Dwarves were wiped out Or attacked, for that matter. Obviously, because nobody knew about Balin's demise. The last words from the colony were that big labours began and such. Positive news. Boro's character - or so I understood it - would be just a messenger who happened to be around in the bad time, and ended up stuck here with the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Fantastic! Lommy, still has to get in her secondary character that she wants. Legate, are you going to pick up a secondary character or are you going to stick with just Oin?
Well, if there is a possibility - I thought with the list being full, that's it. I would have taken a secondary character, but the other things is, we don't want a horde there (although there was a horde, of course). I pity a little Lóni and Náli - or maybe just one if Kitanna's going to take one of them - for when they are named, I'd have expected them to show up (although when I was thinking about taking a second, I would have had preferred another one, too - just because Oin himself dies earlier than most, too, so having only early-dying characters won't be that much of help).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories