Thread: swords
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 12:14 PM   #9
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

To answer the Adnúril question, the following quotes seem to show magical power:
Quote:
But even as the orc flung down the truncheon and swept out his scimitar, Andúril came down upon his helm. There was a flash like flame and the helm burst asunder. The orc fell with cloven head. His followers fled howling, as Boromir and Aragorn sprang at them.
Quote:
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out.
Quote:
The light of Andúril must now be uncovered in the battle for which it has so long waited.
Quote:
Charging from the side, they hurled themselves upon the wild men. Andúril rose and fell, gleaming with white fire. A shout went up from wall and tower: 'Andúril! Andúril goes to war. The Blade that was Broken shines again!'
Quote:
Three times Aragorn and Éomer rallied them, and three times Andúril flamed in a desperate charge that drove the enemy from the wall.
I think that's enough examples, but there are more.

So, the answer is yes. Though I don't know if the question was one for the quiz room (I mistakenly answered is if it were in THE BOOKS, not realizing it was supposed to be a quiz question.)

[ September 02, 2002: Message edited by: The Barrow-Wight ]