View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 01:09 PM   #28
Laialthriel
Animated Skeleton

Laialthriel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Ainahithiel: you've seen it six times?? I'm jealous! I've tried and tried and tried but I just can't seem to get there for my <I>second</I> time!! Grrrr...<P>As for my theater experience: It was very cool. We had a pretty darn good audience. Being it was opening day, and we were at an AMC theater, it's understandable. There was scattered applause when the beginning title came up, no irritating people sitting behind or in front of me (thank you Lord!), and everyone laughed in the appropriate places. And thankfully, no one made any noises in the Frodo and Sam scenes. If they had, I would have gotten angry. <BR>Of course everyone oohed and ahhed when Legolas swung up on Arod, surfed on the shield, and uh....pretty much every other time he came on-screen. <BR>There were gasps of surprise and sorrow when Haldir was killed, and looking around you could see the pity everyone felt for Gollum/Smeagol. <BR>When the ending credits came on the screen, there was a moment of silence (I'm pretty sure an awed and stunned silence) then everyone applauded. <BR>All in all it was an awesome experience. I loved the movie and was pleased to find out there were many more like me in the crowd as well. Though I didn't see any Elves, Hobbits or Ents sitting in the seats, sadly. <P>God with you,<P> Laialthriel<p>[ January 03, 2003: Message edited by: Laialthriel ]
"Let us run with patience the race that is set before us." --Phil 3:14
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." --Gandalf the Gray
Laialthriel is offline   Reply With Quote