View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #35
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Genealogical tables: ArcusCalion has included them in his draft for the structure of Volume III. But what we are doing is editing, not creating. We can include what Tolkien provided, corrected by our editing to what we find as canonical and may be with an addition here and there that is deemed canonical. But that does for sure not provide a full table as probably desired by many of us.

On your general question: Yes and no. We included the story of the awakening of the Elves with Imin, Tata and Enel. And yes a frame story would have been nice in this case for the exact reason you mentioned. But on the one hand we decised once against any frame story and on the other we would anyhow not have invented such frame story in a fan-fictional way. In the end the argument was that Imin, Tata and Enel could have send younger members of their house as ambassadors to Valinor (naturaly so as that journey could be called a great risk) and steped probably back when Ingwe, Finwe and Elwe came back ‘enlighted’ and argued successfully for the march.
Back to your original question I think that would become more important if we would have to decised on such things as ‘The Hort’ or other even more fantastic poems from The Adventures of Tom Bombadil. But luckly Tolkien published these himself. But as example we included the Sleeper in the Tower of Pearl because we agreed that the corresponding poem could be considered as a valid ingredient. (So looking in to my drafts of the Second Age material, I see that I did not includ it so fare. Maybe I will correct this before ever I post them.)

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote