View Single Post
Old 03-19-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
PoWa
Animated Skeleton

PoWa has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ferdibrand was riding up on the hill and looked out over The Shire. "My dear Salomo", he said softly to his pony, "Shire is beautiful, isnt it?"
On the way back to his hole in Bywater, he passed a village that was empty. Just a young lass was wandering around and cried.
"What happened here, miss?", Ferri asked. The lass didnt say anything and just looked down. Then she opened her mouth and said; "I-It is terrible! Its a plauge! I-I dont know how! I-Its terrible!".
"But...Where are everybody?", he asked confused.
"They have left.", she said, "The animals are sick and they have nothing to eat. I think they are trying to reach Rivenedell to get help."
"Thank you for the information, miss.", he said gently.
He did ride back to Bywater as fast as the horse could run. He didnt stop until he was outside hes own hole.
He ran inside and hes mother and father was eating.

"Mum! Dad!", he screamed, "Its a plauge that threats the whole Shire! In a village not far from here everyone were going to Rivendell to seek help by the elves."
"Oh my!", hes father screamed.
"Im going after them and help them!", Ferri said excited.
"No you are not!", hes mother said.
"Oh, please, Patty, let him go! He can take care of himself", hes father said.
"Hm, yes, but be VERY careful, my son! Promise me that!", she said.
"I promise mum!", Ferri said.

He ran outside again, grabbed his sword and walking stick. He took a cape and packed all food and herbals at his pony, Salomo, and walked to the Big Road to follow the helpless hobbits.
He was very concerned about them.

He didnt found them that day, and when he reached Bree he was so tired he had to rest.
He orderd a room at The Prancing Pony and sat down in the bar with a pint before he was going to sleep.

[ April 01, 2003: Message edited by: PoWa ]