View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:55 AM   #209
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm glad Shasta has taken up me and Greenie's crusade against phantom's silly arguments so I don't need to concentrate on it any longer, haha. I'm really puzzled though - is phantom 1) really seriously arguing about these things, 2) just too proud to admit he's been wrong and thus keeps coming up with rather weird arguments after each other or 3) trying to test people? I would think number 3 is the most probable option and number 2 the least probable one. I wonder what he's trying to achieve by that, though - only some kind of half of the village united against phantom situation, which is kind of weird. (This is to say, hint hint, phantom, stop arguing unless you really think your points are worth bringing up. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
(Sidenote: It's hard for me to be genuinely angry at Phantom after having met the guy, but man, he does frustrate me sometimes.)
Well if it comforts you, my attitude towards him in ww hasn't changed a bit since I met him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
We don't want a Rep who will cower and give-in to the other Rep(s). Representative dynamic is something to think about as well.
Well yes, but we don't want to have reps who are unable to co-operate, either.

Then to the rep choices... I kind of like them, but I have a feeling there's at least one if not two SoE among them simply because so many people I think innocent are NOT among the reps. I'm not too happy about phantom and me having more power than the others, but it's better that there's the two of us. And now I feel responsible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
I'd like to suggest that we kill Phantom this evening. Using his own logic, the first death is a stab in the dark anyway, so it may as well be him, right? Plus, he's beginning to really get on my nerves. He reminds me of my older brother a few years ago, before my older brother became a husband and a father...a stuck up know-it-all before he'd really met the world and been taken
down a few notches.
*is amused*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Oh, and regarding the term "baddie"– I still refuse to submit to the phantom's dictum that we should speak of the village as "evil" and the wolves (Elves) as "good". Too confusing. I've been in reversed-alignment villages before, and we didn't do that.
Seconded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
Nerwen, just 'cause Phantom has a huge ego doesn't mean we shouldn't deflate it for him. It would do him good, I imagine. He might be able to wear regular hat sizes again instead of having to special order them.
!!! Brilliant. You know, though, when I met him in person I quite carelessly referred to him thinking about complicated schemes in his small head and that probably the worst offense anyone ever said to him. Poor phantom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
With that, I bid thee adieu as I take the rest of this day off. May the lynching be fruitful by serving us an SoE head on a silver platter!
What? What about hanging around and telling us who you suspect and helping the reps making their choices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
For all you know you just elected a SoE, where as I know for a fact that the ladies you are criticizing elected an orc.
That is not a valid argument unless you can prove you're an orc.

I would rather not attempt lynching tp toDay (unless there is stuff to point at his guilt) because it would further make the whole Day concentrate on him because he has a substantial amount of the total votes and he has made it quite clear he is going to use them to protect himself, which will potentially just cause damage in the form of making a random and ill-advised lynch.

PS. Does somebody else find reading tp's and Legate's signatures after each other highly amusing? *snicker*
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote