View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 09:37 AM   #105
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
But why adopt a nickname at all, than? If you is you and Aiwendil too, why not choose your own name as a nick?
There is no reason to. Your name only means something to people who already know you. If I would've signed up as "Philip" on this site, it wouldn't have meant a thing to other members. Since that's the case, why not pick some other name that sounds cool, tells something about you, or is Tolkien related?
Quote:
Yet the person under the name HerenIstarion exists on the net only. It is a mind with no hands, no body, but words only. I believe medium impacts the thing which operates through it – hence, HerenIstarion is different from what George Lashkhi usually is.
Maybe that's the case for you, but not really for me. the phantom has a real physical body that exists outside of the net. I have real life friends who call me "Phantom", and I have met a few other Barrow-Downs members face to face and they still call me "Phantom". In my case, my screen name seems to be synonymous with my real name.
Quote:
That passion, though sometimes may shine through, is hard to communicate through keyboard and screen
That's what smilies are for, silly.

Last edited by the phantom; 04-05-2005 at 09:41 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote