View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #206
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Hate I can understand. Pity...well, you'd need a reason.
Quote:
I was thinking, as obviously Rakin wouldn't forget Ferethor easily, that he might remember that Ferethor was a captain once and try to pry some information out of him. Military secrets, etc.
Hmm...I'm not sure actually, I don't think so. See, Ferethor has been a slave aboard the Fame and Fortune under Rakin for donkey's years; if Rakin had intended to get anything out of him, he probably already would have done so - it is unlikely that Ferethor would have any other knowledge of use to Rakin, bearing in mind that he was captured so long ago. And for the idea that he would not have forgotten his attack on him - bearing in mind that everyone seems to be trying to kill Rakin, well, after a time, one simply loses count and forgets specifics... No, but I don't think he would parade him on deck - after all, why waste the slave-power? He would be of more use rowing.

Sorry, I just don't think they're particularly likely. And there would, of course, but a certain amount of animosity between the pair, certainly from Ferethor's side - but the Captain probably wouldn't go out his way to make life hard for the slave, as it would only make him less efficient for his purpose aboard the ship i.e. as a rower. But, of course, if Ferethor was to try anything particular (and realistic) again, then that would be a different matter...