Thread: Snow angels
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 AM   #97
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
Many love to attribute this feat to magic and mysticism and the alteration of quantum auras (gotta use the word quantum to give it that new science smell), but it's simply physics.
Any mention of auras deserves a reply from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alatar
Anyway, so even if the elves had hot feet, not sure if this heat would more than wilt the grass tips. But that's conjecture.
Oh now I'm really confused. There's a product called "Hot Foot" for roof tops and buttresses, etc, designed to keep pigeons away. I believe it is filled with chili powder, which, when stepped on by said avians, results in high stepping birds who lite out of the place quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenamir
I think there must be some other mechanism by which the elves negated the effects of their weight on snow or grass.
Thinking about chili in "Hot Foot" made me reconsider this comment by Thenamir. What exactly happens to grass when it is stepped on or bent? Could it not be possible for elven healing arts to be able to reverse almost simultaneously the damage made by stepping on grass? Their feet could possibly be coated with some sort of healing herb that would, um, reforge the broken blades. If King's Foil heals people, perhaps there is a similar herb* to heal plants.

*Or possibly the same effect could be achieved by the delicate nature of elven foot sweat. Elves eat lembas. Perhaps some of the extraordinary qualities of the lembas are exuded in elven sweat?

EDIT: Given elven sensibilities, anyone offended by the use of the word "sweat" could substitute for it the word "perspiration."

Last edited by Bęthberry; 06-26-2007 at 09:43 AM.
Bęthberry is offline   Reply With Quote