View Single Post
Old 05-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #28
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andsigil View Post
A little, yes. I normally enjoy your posts, but going SJW (do not pass "GO") on someone is becoming a bad habit in today's society.
In my defense, I don't follow trends. I have been politically incorrect for decades.

And in this case, with continued variants of "males only fought with swords", or "only males were kings", and then blithely ignoring the fact that both Finrod and Luthien strove with songs of power with great effect against superior enemies, or that Celeborn and Galadriel couldn't possibly be co-rulers (even though there was no kingship involved and they were referred to as Lord and Lady), it certainly seems a case in point.

What next, Feanor was feminine because he was "artsy"? Daeron was questionable because he had good penmanship? Thingol was "hysterical" over a necklace, and only women wear necklaces? Haleth and Eowyn must've been transgender because in Middle-earth only men wielded swords?

Geeze, allow Tolkien a little subtlety, please!