View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 07:24 AM   #21
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

The next few minutes were a blur to Angry. He felt that he needed to help Crystal in some way, that she was coming to him for protection, but what from? The man from Rohan he expected, but didn't understand a word he was saying.

Even so, his new found feelings for Crystal gave him the courage he needed and he drew himself up to his full height, puffed out his chest and took one step towards the tall Rohirric stranger. He didn't know what he was going to say but he knew that he would be proud and call on every bit of standing his name gave him in the Shire.

Then the man seemed to say something soothing, something that reassured Crystal and made her loosen the iron grip she had had on his shoulder. feeling somewhat redundant now and not even beginning to understand what was going on, he said

"I suggest, sir, that, as I am a Brandybuck and well connected all over the Shire (especially with the Shirrif), you would do well to not threaten me or any in my company. Who are you any way? This Inn here is a peaceful place, where any are welcome, as long as they cause no trouble."