View Single Post
Old 01-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #23
elf-girl-63
Haunting Spirit

elf-girl-63 has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Lainniss jumped off her horse and led him to the stable. The night was drawing on quickly and she was pretty sure the inn would soon be shut. The night was cool so she tucked her hair into her hood and drew her dark cloak around her and tucked her small bag inside. The inn was drawing her near but she still stopped for a moment before entering.

Inside, a woman was being tended to on the table and Lainniss tried hard not to look as she walked up to the bar.

"I'm sorry to bother you so late but I'd like a room for a few night please," shes spoke quietly and the bar-maid had to bend over to hear her.

"Oh course miss. We have a few available. Would you like to eat first?" Lainniss nodded and Ruby led her over to a table away from the commotion. She was quite surprised to see a woman travelling by herself. It appeared she was not of Rohan either which was even more unusual.

Lainniss took off her cloak as the fire was large and roaring. SHe fingered the plain pendant hung around her neck for a few minutes as if reminding herself of something and then waited for her food. It was a hot steaming bowl of soup and the server watched for a moment while she ate. Seeming satisfied, she returned to the bar and left Lainniss in peace.

ALthough, Ruby had seated her away from the table where the woman lay Lainniss had sat down with full view of it and now she watched the situation. Eventually, after finishing her soup and seeing they were not much nearer to helping the woman she stood up and walked over taking her bag with her.

"Excuse me. I am a healer- would you be needing some help?"

All that is gold does not glitter...